Funding Applications: Getting a Yes!
Your work, its impact and the trajectory of your career depends on you securing funding. Funding applications/bids - even the unsuccessful ones! - involve a big investment in time and energy. This is why it is vital that your funding application stand out for all the right reasons.
This workshop is an opportunity for you to review and maybe rethink your approach to writing applications. What parts of the application do you give more attention to than others? What aspects feel like a struggle and why? Are you getting the balance and tone of your applications right?
You will analyse how writing for applications differs from writing for journals and learn some techniques for ensuring the content and structure of your funding applications are appropriate. Explore the ways in which you can make your applications compelling and how you can elevate your applications from good to great.
This session is for you if you want to:
- learn techniques for writing clearly, concisely and in a funder-friendly way
- understand the difference between writing for a journal and writing for a funding application
- understand how to make applicatins compelling
Registration for this event is required, to register go to https://ljmu.libcal.com/event/3426102
- Wednesday, February 26, 2020
- 10:00am - 1:00pm
- G14/G15, Ground Floor, Exchange Station, Tithebarn St.