Health and Open Data (responsible research and the ethics of sharing)
Health and Open Data used in research can bring great benefits but there are responsibilities that come with using this data.
Professor Iain Buchan, Programme Director for Digital Strategy and Partnerships Liverpool Heath Partners will open this event, followed by talks from Dr. Ivan Olier-Caparroso, Senior Lecturer in Data Science, from Liverpool John Moores University and Ms Mary-Jane Monaghan, Researcher FIT4RRI Project, from the University of Liverpool. Finally, Open Data Manchester will run a workshop on the challenges and opportunities around open data, looking at fair and ethical practice within data use. There will be an opportunity for networking at the end of the afternoon.
- Prof Iain Buchan ‘Civic Data Cooperatives for better health’
- Dr Ivan Olier-Caparroso, ‘Challenges and opportunities for privacy-preserving data sharing and analysis’
- Ms Mary Jane Monaghan ‘Responsible research and innovation’
- Open Data Manchester ‘The ethics of sharing open data’
Tea and coffee will be provided at the start of the afternoon, with drinks and canapes from approx. 5.30 pm
- Thursday, February 13, 2020
- 3:30pm - 6:00pm
- Sensor City, Liverpool