Managing Absence Effectively
This session is part of the LJMU Leadership and Development Programme and is for staff with Line Management responsibility only.
Sickness and absenteeism costs the University money and time and can potentially decrease workplace cohesion. This workshop will support managers in examining the issue of absence in the workplace and help to create an attendance culture by equipping managers with the confidence to:
- Investigate and manage instances of absence fairly
- Understand and follow the University’s Absence Management Policy
- Improve attendance levels
- Manage short and long-term sickness absence
- Conduct effective return to work interviews.
- Address absence and to have open conversations with employees
- Understand the personal issues that may lie at the heart of absence and provide frameworks for exploring these issues in a fair and non-invasive manner.
Participants will also discuss some common myths and perceptions as well as examine the links to other processes and interventions such as Occupational Health and Counselling.
- Monday, March 2, 2020
- 9:30am - 12:30pm
- G14/G15, Ground Floor, Exchange Station, Tithebarn St.
- Exchange Station