Unconscious Bias & Intercultural Competence Training
Unconscious Bias & Intercultural Competence Training - "Never Judge A Book By Its Cover"
LJMU’s Equality, Diversity & Inclusion (EDI) Team, are proud to be working in partnership with equality and diversity training specialists; Challenge Consultancy and are pleased to offer LJMU Staff, the opportunity to participate in a bespoke Unconscious Bias & Intercultural Competence workshop.
- DATE: Thursdsay 5th March 2020
- TIME: 10:00 - 12:30
- LOCATION: Byrom Street Campus, Room 317, Byrom Street, L3 3AF
*The above schedule is subject to change
The Aim Of The Training Session Is To Help Participants:
- Understand the concept of unconscious bias how it may lead us to make assumptions about people who are different from ourselves.
- Explore key features of intercultural competence in Higher Education and its effects on student attainment.
- Develop a customer-centred approach to delivering services to a diverse range of students and staff.
- Utilise strategies for increasing intercultural competence and reducing unconscious bias.
- Develop a strategy for individual action.
This training opportunity was open to LJMU Staff from the Faculty of Engineering and Technology (FET) in the first instance and has now been opened up to a University wide audience. Places are limited and will be issued on a first-come-first-served basis.
Explore Your Own Unconscious Bias:
Ahead of the workshop participants will be asked to explore their own unconscious bias using the “Project Implicit” online resource: https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/
Please note: The Project Implicit test was established in 1998 and certain equality monitoring information requested is outdated (i.e.; limited options for participants to select under such questions as “which gender/sex do you identify as?”) –This is currently under review with the Project Implicit Team.
Please email email@example.com or call 0151 231 8660 / 8141
- Thursday, March 5, 2020
- 10:00am - 12:30pm
- Room 317 (Byrom Street)
- Byrom Street