Unconscious Bias & Intercultural Competence Training
Unconscious Bias & Intercultural Competence Training - "Never Judge A Book By Its Cover"
LJMU’s Equality, Diversity & Inclusion (EDI) Team, are proud to be working in partnership with equality and diversity training specialists; Challenge Consultancy and are pleased to offer LJMU Staff, the opportunity to participate in a bespoke Unconscious Bias & Intercultural Competence workshop.
- DATE: Thursdsay 27th February 2020
- TIME: 14:00 - 17:00
- LOCATION: Tithebarn Street Campus, Room 114b (1st Floor), Tithebarn Street, Liverpool, L2 2ER
*The above schedule is subject to change
The Aim Of The Training Session Is To Help Participants:
- Understand the concept of unconscious bias how it may lead us to make assumptions about people who are different from ourselves.
- Explore key features of intercultural competence in Higher Education and its effects on student attainment.
- Develop a customer-centred approach to delivering services to a diverse range of students and staff.
- Utilise strategies for increasing intercultural competence and reducing unconscious bias.
- Develop a strategy for individual action.
This training opportunity was open to LJMU Staff from the Faculty of Health in the first instance and has now been opened up to a University wide audience. Places are limited and will be issued on a first-come-first-served basis.
Explore Your Own Unconscious Bias:
Ahead of the workshop participants will be asked to explore their own unconscious bias using the “Project Implicit” online resource: https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/
Please note: The Project Implicit test was established in 1998 and certain equality monitoring information requested is outdated (i.e.; limited options for participants to select under such questions as “which gender/sex do you identify as?”) –This is currently under review with the Project Implicit Team.
Please email email@example.com or call 0151 231 8660 / 8141
- Thursday, February 27, 2020
- 2:00pm - 5:00pm
- Room 114b (1st Floor), Tithebarn Building