Surveying Your Funding Landscape
When you are relying on funding in order to fulfil your research ambitions, you need to know as much as possible about who is ‘out there’ funding work like yours, what they prioritise and how your research could ‘fit’.
This workshop will provide an opportunity for you to talk to other researchers about your experiences of looking for funding and start thinking about the benefits of collaboration. You will pick up some ideas around how best to keep your ear to the ground and look at some of the invaluable (and freely available!) resources available within LJMU to help you identify appropriate sources of funding. You will reflect on what to pay particular attention to when assessing opportunities and discover some interesting information about success rates…you might be surprised!
This session is for you if you want to:
- develop a better understanding of your funding landscape
- widen your funding options
- explore the potential for collaboration as a means of achieving funding success
Key features of the session:
- Share insights and experiences with other researchers
- Reflect on your approach to finding funds and how you might develop more helpful habits
- Learn how to search for funding and check funders’ remits using Research Professional and Grantfinder
- Thursday, February 6, 2020
- 1:30pm - 4:30pm
- G14/G15, Ground Floor, Exchange Station, Tithebarn St.