Recruitment and Selection
This session is part of the LJMU Leadership and Development Programme and is for staff with Line Management responsibility only.
We recognise that our employees are our greatest asset and ensuring that our managers follow the university's comprehensive recruitment and selection policy is essential in recruiting and retaining the right staff. Getting it wrong can have a lasting impact on the business and the individual, and can lead to problems with staff morale and absence.
This workshop programme is aimed at taking managers through the recruitment and selection process including:
- Identifying a vacancy
- Producing a job description
- Producing a person specification and writing competencies
- Advertising the position
- Carrying out a fair selection interview, gathering accurate information, interpreting information, and making decisions
- Equal opportunties, dealing with subjectivity, diversity and good practice
- Incorporating other assessment methods
- Interviewing skills including preparing questions, questioning techniques and structuring the interview
- Evaluating candidates at the shortlist stage and after interview and providing feedback to the unsuccessful candidates
- Tuesday, February 18, 2020
- 9:30am - 12:30pm
- G14/G15, Ground Floor, Exchange Station, Tithebarn St.
- Exchange Station