Virtual Writing Retreat Online
NOTE: optional morning only or full day event
‘I hate writing but I love having written’ (Dorothy Parker)
Many of us struggle to find the discipline and focus to sit down and write. Especially working from home, it is easy to be distracted and put off writing until tomorrow, then the next day…
This virtual writing retreat, hosted on Zoom, will provide a supportive space and a structure for you to commit to in order to get your writing done, whether you are writing for publication, to secure funding or other purpose.
You will need to come prepared with a writing goal in mind and with all the necessary material at hand to achieve it. You will be welcomed to the session with some scene setting, share your goals with colleagues, and then follow a set agenda to give you maximum effective writing periods, with short breaks (and a longer lunch break) strategically timed throughout the day.
By the end of the day you should have made progress on your chosen writing task, feel good about your achievement and possibly found a few writing buddies for the future.
Before the session starts:
- Be clear about your goal for the day
- Find a quiet, comfortable place to work
- Have everything you need to write (paper, pen, laptop, power cable)
- Gather any notes or reading matter you are working from
- Create an outline, mind plan or similar for what you are working on
- Anything else that helps you write (music, snacks or drinks)
- Wednesday, September 9, 2020
- 9:30am - 4:00pm
- Time Zone:
- UK, Ireland, Lisbon Time (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.