An Introduction to Continuous Improvement - tools, techniques and methods Online
Aim of the workshop
This session will introduce some of the fundamental concepts of the Lean methodology approach to Continuous Improvement, providing examples and suggestions, whilst aiding staff to identify how these can be utilised within their own roles and workplaces,
What is Continuous Improvement (CI)?
Also known as Kaizen, the Japanese term for term for "good change", CI seeks to make constant improvements to processes and practices by reducing inefficienies and wastes, and by making decisions based on the experiences and knowledge of the people that are directly involved with those activities. Whilst there are many tools and techniques that can be used to help this, CI is also about adapting culture and mindsets in the attitudes towards improvements.
What is covered in the workshop?
The session will cover the following topics:
- The Five Key Principles of Lean
- Where 'Wastes' can occur and how to identify them
- Defining Benefits
- "Poka Yoke" - Mistake Proofing
- Process Mapping
- Identifying Improvements and Action Planning
- Tuesday, September 29, 2020
- 10:00am - 11:00am
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.